Scaffolding accidents are devastating and can occur in many types of workplaces. Construction sites, window cleaning jobs and other industries are especially prone to these types of injuries. In many cases, scaffolding accidents are preventable with adequate safety precautions, training and good scaffolding equipment.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Injuries Resulting From Scaffolding Accidents in Delaware
Unfortunately, each year construction workers, window washers, stage-rigging professionals and others are seriously injured and even killed in scaffolding accidents. Scaffolding helps workers access significant heights. Therefore, a fall from this height — whether a lack of proper safety gear or an incorrectly maintained platform causes it — can result in devastating injuries.
Injuries that can result from scaffolding accidents include:
- Head trauma
- Joint, tendon and muscle injuries
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Lacerations and scarring
- Broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injury
Preventing Scaffolding Injuries in Delaware
Proper training, safety precautions and the right workplace policies can prevent many scaffolding injuries. If you work on scaffolding as part of your job, there are steps you can take to decrease your chances of these types of accidents:
- Get proper training, including safety training, for your job. If your employer doesn’t offer safety training, ask about it.
- Ensure that you have the correct safety equipment for the job. Depending on the job, the correct safety equipment may include hard hats, harnesses and other fall-prevention technologies.
- Check scaffolding and your safety equipment before each job. Each time you climb to a height, make sure everything looks sturdy and safe. You have the right to refuse to work in unsafe conditions, so never accept unsafe situations in the workplace.
- Report unsafe safety equipment or unsafe conditions in your workplace. Your employer is responsible for ensuring that your workplace is safe. If they violate federal and state safety rules, your employer may face fines or other punitive action.
When to Contact a Scaffolding Accident Attorney in Delaware
As soon as you suffer a serious scaffolding fall and sustain an injury, you should contact Delaware scaffolding accident attorneys. You’ll also want to contact Delaware or Wilmington scaffolding fall injury attorneys if you lost a loved one to a workplace accident or scaffolding fall accident. In both cases, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation as well as other benefits to help you pay for medical costs and other expenses.
There are many ways scaffolding accident lawyers can help you if you suffered an injury. They may be able to negotiate with insurance carriers, investigate why your fall happened, advise you on your rights and work with you to pursue compensation you may deserve.
If you have been injured, your compensation may be essential for you to pay medical bills, living expenses and other costs. If you are out of work because of your injury, compensation can help you pay for groceries, rent and other expenses.
Do You Need a Scaffolding Attorney in Delaware?
Rahaim & Saints has been helping Delaware plaintiffs since 1993 with workers’ compensation claims, personal injury claims and other legal matters. Our goal is to help injured people with the honest and caring legal representation and support they deserve.
Do I Have a Case?
With offices in Wilmington and Newark, we are proud to be part of the Delaware community and privileged to serve clients across the entire state. If you are injured, contact us for a free and confidential consultation about your case.