Delaware Motorcycle Accident Attorney
One of the great things about Delaware is that the weather is quite pleasant throughout most of the year. As a result, plenty of Delaware residents take advantage of the state's mild weather patterns by riding a motorcycle. Feeling the fresh air blowing past you can make a ride to school, work or the mall an experience all its own. Unfortunately, the positive aspects of riding a motorcycle do come with some downsides.
Schedule My Free Consultation
The most significant downside motorcycle riders face is this method of transportation is significantly more dangerous than riding in a vehicle. One of the biggest problems is it can be much more difficult to see someone on a motorcycle than it is to see another car, truck or SUV. And because a motorcycle offers less protection than a larger vehicle, the bodily harm that results from an accident can be extensive.
Although some motorcycle accidents are caused by racing, reckless driving, speeding, aggressive driving or even driving while intoxicated, a large percentage are the result of not seeing a motorcyclist in time. If you were hurt while riding a motorcycle, it's in your best interest to speak with a motorcycle accident attorney from Wilmington or Newark. While you may be entitled to significant benefits and compensation, that doesn't mean getting them will be easy.
Life After a Motorcycle Accident: Fighting for What You Deserve
Since motorcycle riders have few layers of protection and since they can easily be thrown from their vehicle or pinned underneath it in a crash, motorcycle riders are subject to severe injuries in collisions. Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Road rash (a serious skin injury caused by sliding across the pavement during an accident)
- Head injuries
- Facial and eye injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Muscle and soft tissue damage
- Damage to the tendons and joints
- Leg injuries
- Crushing injuries
Many of these injuries are extremely dangerous. Traumatic brain injuries, for example, can occur if a rider is thrown from their motorcycle and hits the pavement headfirst. This injury can be life-threatening or can cause a lifetime of neurological and memory problems. Amputations are also quite common if a rider becomes trapped under their bike and suffers crushing injuries.
Schedule a free consultation
Even road rash and lacerations can become serious. Because of the force and speed with which riders are thrown from their vehicle, road rash can be more than simply a rash. It can rip away several layers of skin, causing disfigurement and chronic pain. Someone with this condition may need to get skin grafts and other expensive treatments – and medical insurance does not always cover these procedures.
If you have suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident in Wilmington, Bear, Dover, Glasgow, Lewes, Bethany Beach, Milton, Middletown, New Castle or anywhere else in Delaware, contact Rahaim & Saints for a free consultation. During the consultation, you can ask questions about your situation, learn about your options and find out how much your potential case may be worth.
The Importance of Working with a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Wilmington Trusts
After a motorcycle accident, the most important thing for you to do is focus on your recovery. Because you may have multiple injuries throughout your body, getting better should be your top priority. Unfortunately, many people in this situation quickly discover that it's nearly impossible to focus their full attention on letting their injuries heal.
Medical bills will start to pile up, and although they may be covered by insurance, that doesn't mean they're going to get paid in a timely manner. Add to that the stress of being unable to work, and you have a recipe that can significantly damper someone's ability to recover.
If you're facing a similar scenario, it's time to call Rahaim & Saints. Because they are an experienced Wilmington motorcycle accident attorney team, they focus on taking this burden off their clients shoulders and begin fighting on their behalf. Because they've gone through this process with numerous clients, they'll be able to put you on the right track towards receiving the compensation you deserve.
Contact Us Today
There are several reasons why you’ll want to call Rahaim & Saints today if you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident:
- Our motorcycle accident lawyers can take action immediately. If you call quickly after your accident, an experienced attorney may be able to start gathering evidence and protecting your rights right away so you have the best chance of success.
- Our Delaware motorcycle accident lawyers are on your side. Insurance companies have attorneys representing them and these attorneys use the law to the company’s advantage. You deserve someone who understands the law and the insurance industry. An attorney working for you makes sure your interests are protected and you pursue the claim you are entitled to.
- Our Delaware motorcycle accident attorneys improve your chances for success. Trying to resolve your insurance claim yourself won’t always lead to the highest compensation and benefits possible. When you get an experienced attorney involved, insurance companies know they’re dealing with someone who knows the law and they will usually take your claim seriously. Statistically, you may have a better chance of securing higher recovery with an attorney by your side.
- We understand small things can make a big difference. Insurance companies may use incomplete police reports or other “evidence” to try to deny your claim or lower the amount you are eligible for. An experienced motorcycle lawyer in Wilmington or your Delaware city is familiar not only with these tactics but also with the legal maneuvers needed to help you fight back.
Do I Have a Case?
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact the attorneys at Rahaim & Saints. Our law firm has been helping injured plaintiffs in Delaware since 1993, and we can schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation with our team of legal professionals.
Call the experienced Wilmington motorcycle accident lawyer team of Rahaim & Saints at 302-892-9200 today to see how they can help with your claim and make it possible for you to fully focus on your recovery.