Possible Delaware DUI Plea Options
A DUI charge is so serious that it can be forever added to your criminal record. When you work with a DUI plea options lawyer, you’ll work with a knowledgeable professional who knows the law and legal processes inside and out — your lawyer may be able to greatly reduce the impact the DUI has on your finances, freedom and future.
If you have been charged with a DUI in Delaware, an experienced attorney at Rahaim & Saints can help you work towards a favorable outcome such as:
- Reduced charges
- Alternative sentencing options in lieu of prison sentence
- Reduction of fines
- Dismissal of charges in cases where law enforcement fails to present a convincing case
Reckless Driving and Plea Bargain Factors
- Blood alcohol content (BAC) level — The closer your BAC is to the legal limit of 0.08%, the better your odds of having a lesser plea accepted by the prosecution.
- Auto accident — If there was a car-to-car accident involved in your DUI, even if it was not your fault, you have a smaller chance that your DUI plea options will involve reckless driving.
- Previous DUI record — Those with no prior convictions usually have a better outcome in their DUI plea bargain.
- Criminal history — Those with a prior criminal record, felonies or even numerous traffic misdemeanors can find it difficult to obtain a DUI plea bargain.
Delaware DUI Plea Options and Reckless Driving-Alcohol Related Penalties
If charges are reduced to Reckless Driving-Alcohol Related, the penalties can be far less than a DUI. A conviction for Reckless Driving-Alcohol Related usually requires the individual to complete a state-mandated alcohol education/treatment course. Other penalties can include the temporary loss of driver’s license, fines and strict sentencing for future DUIs.
However, a DUI plea deal lawyer may be able to help you get a conviction of reckless driving which removes the DUI conviction from your driving or criminal record. Other penalties for a DUI conviction include longer or permanent suspension of license, larger fines and even a possible prison sentence.
Why Hire a Lawyer for DUI Plea Options?
Having your DUI charge reduced isn’t something you can do on your own without the aid and expertise of a seasoned attorney. The penalties for a DUI conviction are steep, so it’s crucial to find and obtain an experienced lawyer who can help. At Rahaim & Saints, we understand that mistakes happen. Our team has the necessary experience to fight on your behalf towards a favorable DUI plea outcome.
Contact a Skilled Lawyer for DUI Plea Options
If you or someone you know has been arrested for DUI and is facing trial, call Rahaim & Saints at 302-832-1800 or 302-892-9200. You can also email us and we’ll respond promptly. With over 30 years of experience serving individuals charged with DUI, we can aggressively protect your rights and work to achieve the most beneficial outcome. Contact us today for a consultation.